Pages

Friday 3 December 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 3


Here's the third matchbox I received in the 'Countdown to Christmas' swap hosted by Linda on her blog A Swap For All Seasons.

This beautiful box was created by Ruth Graham.  Unfortunately her blog 'throughmygardensgate' appears to have been discontinued so I can't provide a link to it or say thank you personally. 

Ruth decorated her box with scrapbook paper and edged it top and bottom with some little glass like chips looking like frost - I haven't captured it well in my photos. On the front of the box is lovely snowflake made with glass beads and pipe cleaners (what a great idea!). Inside is lined with red glitter paper.


The gift inside is a pair of silver earrings with beads and the peace sign - they are beautiful.


If you are by any chance reading this Ruth, many thanks for the beautiful matchbox and earrings, they will both be treasured x

12 comments:

Peace said...

How lovely! Of course I'm partial to peace signs. :O) I hope Ruth reappears!

Luna Art said...

What a beautiful project to be part of! All those little boxes are so sweet, so much detail and effort gone into them x

Unknown said...

I've got a little something for you Sherry on my blog! Care to come on over? Hugs, Ira x
By the way your matchboxes look so cool and lovely!!

Linda said...

So pretty- both matchbox and earrings! I emailed Ruth- hopefully I'll hear from her soon.

Terri Kahrs said...

It never ceases to amaze me how many goodies can fit into such a tiny space! All three matchboxes are fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks, too, for your sweet comment! Hugs, Terri

Mrs A. said...

Another fab box. Earings are lovely. I wonder if Ruth made them herself. It is a shame when you can't thank personally. I think someone must have eaten my gingerbread man.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Sherry, I am coveting your matchboxes and gifties! I read on another one about the matchbox you sent and the altered domino you included. It is lovely!

Erica said...

What a lovely box and gift.

Sunset97 said...

i love this matchbox and love your new earrings....very nice...
i also have this matchbox from ruth but my number from her is 23, i believe...and i kind of sort of peeked last night and then when i saw you post earlier today, i decided to peek all the way...lol but i won't tell you till day 23...coz this is your moment...!! :)

and i won't be up late late tonight especially since mandie sent me a comment saying she has my #3 matchbox... :)

have a good weekend...

tracy

Anonymous said...

I am loving these my friend, they are so cute and a great idea
I just popped by to say thank you for joining in the big everyone wins challenge and I have a prize choice ready and waiting for you at my blog.
hugs and happy weekend
from June

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

just beautiful... I've checked each day and wonder what has happened to Ruth also. Hope she will appear and let us know she is okay.
:))

Jen xo said...

such alovely matchbox and i really loveb theb earrings..